Getting the Initial Filipino to Journey the Environment at Age 77

Getting the Initial Filipino to Journey the Environment at Age 77

How a 77 12 months aged turned the 1st Filipino to journey the environment?

At the age of 77, Odette Aquitania Ricasa became the initial Filipino to be equipped to vacation to all 195 countries in the world, 193 of which are recognized by the United Nations, though the other 2 are non-associates: the Holy sea and the Condition of Palestine.

Right before the pandemic begun in 2020, she was only five nations around the world short of reaching her aim. These nations are Sudan, Chad, the Central African Republic, Libya, and Iraq.

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77
Ms. Ricasa when she arrived in Iraq. Picture from her Facebook account.

Ultimately, on the 25th of August 2022, just after staying held for two many years due to the fact of the pandemic, Ms. Ricasa achieved the aim of many vacationers – to travel to every region in the earth! She arrived in Kurdistan, Iraq, on Thursday, creating it the past region on her checklist.

Overall, she has been to 301 nations and territories, including islands! Even these islands that are not recognised by a lot of, together with Robinson Crusoe islands, Lakshadweep islands, Andaman Nicobar islands, and extra!

Other articles or blog posts you can read through:

How It All Started out

Ms. Ricasa is based mostly in Los Angeles, California and she begun the journey of touring the earth in the calendar year 1980. She shared that some nations around the world, which includes Russia, experienced extremely strict procedures about tourism in the course of those people periods. Nonetheless, that did not halt her from exploring additional and much more international locations.

Memorable Vacation Encounters

Ms. Ricasa has two passports – the Philippines and the US. She largely utilizes her US Passport, but she pointed out that in some conditions, working with her Philippines passport is suitable.

A single of these conditions is likely to Africa. Both US and Philippines passport holders have to have a visa in get to vacation to this continent, but working with her US passport needs far more documents than utilizing her Philippine passport.

When requested what have been some of her unforgettable ordeals in her a lot more than 40 a long time of touring, she reported there were a large amount, but her visit to Sierra Leone and the Democratic Republic of Congo, both of those African international locations, are unforgettable. The claimed international locations are not popular places for tourists, and all through her pay a visit to, she was by itself. But as the declaring goes, ‘You will have to do the detail which you feel you are unable to do.’ And she did she conquered Africa and the relaxation of the entire world!

She also pointed out that when they arrived in Libya just this year, they felt like they were being VIPs as there was a lot of safety escorting them. But this sort of distinctive knowledge is what motivates her to travel additional.

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77

In her four decades of traveling, 80% of those people is her traveling alone, when the rest 20% is a team tour (which she joined when she was just a starter in the journey earth)—talking about bravery, enthusiasm, and enthusiasm!

Much more Achievements

Ms. Ricasa is in fact vacation qualified as she is also a member of the Travelers’ Century Club, A club that only enables those people people today who have been to 100 or additional countries!

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77
Philippine World Explorers Meet up with Up in Kaiserslautern, Germany.

Also, she’s also an lively member of the Philippine World-wide Explorers vacation community, and she heads the US West Coast chapter, executing this when traveling.

Aside from getting a traveler and the 1st Filipino to vacation the earth, she is also an author of 6 books, an artist, a motivational speaker, and a pianist.

She mentioned that obtaining her book was truly not her concept. It was early 2000, and she was in Spain crafting her vacation activities in her journal – “With all the countries and cities I’ve been to, it is unachievable for me to recall them, that is why I generate them in my journal.”, non-verbatim assertion of Ms. Ricasa.

Her friend, who was with her at that time, informed her, “Why really don’t you write a reserve as a substitute?” That statement gave her the thought to publish a vacation guide and share her ordeals on the road. Her books are all available on Amazon.

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77

Ms. Odette Aquitania Ricasa’s vacation experience is just one of the inspiration of several travelers, not only Filipinos, but foreigners as perfectly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *