With The Travel Summit just over three months away, we’ve been working hard to pull together an incredible event. I’m looking forward to seeing you in Toronto on October 29–30, 2022.
Today, I’m excited to share some more details about the event, including more information on the schedule, agenda, presentation topics, discounted hotel rates in Toronto, and a new promotion for attendees.
New Speakers & Guests
Over the past few months, we’ve added to our star-studded lineup of experts who will be presenting breakout sessions on various topics in travel, loyalty, credit card rewards, and Miles & Points.
In addition to the cast of characters introduced when we first announced The Travel Summit, we’re pleased to add the following speakers to our schedule:
- Michelle Gonzalez from LAX to Luxury will be discussing how to stay at the world’s best aspirational hotels for a fraction of the price.
- Mike Howard from HoneyTrek has been fully location-independent for over 10 years, and will be sharing his best tips on living a full-time digital nomad lifestyle, supplemented by Miles & Points along the way.
- Scott Kennedy, a well-known frequent flyer and creator of several popular tools that help points collectors travel better, will be conducting deep dives on award availability and Air Canada Flight Passes.
- Victoria M. Walker from Travel with Vikkie, a seasoned travel journalist and points enthusiast, will be leading a presentation on equity and inclusivity in travel.
We’re also delighted to be able to welcome Miles4Migrants as the official charity partner of The Travel Summit Toronto 2022.
Miles4Migrants uses donated frequent flyer miles, credit card points, and cash to help people impacted by war, persecution, or disaster reunite with loved ones and start new beginnings in safe homes.
We’ll be joined by the senior team at Miles4Migrants, who will be giving a keynote presentation on how the pursuit of Miles & Points aligns with the organization’s mission, a behind-the-scenes view of booking flights for migrants and refugees using points, and how we can make a greater impact as socially-conscious global citizens.
As a reminder, we’re also excited to host the executive team from Aeroplan as our special guests at the event:
- Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Marketing, eCommerce & Products, Air Canada
- Scott O’Leary, Vice President, Loyalty & Products, Air Canada
Mark and Scott will be participating in a keynote discussion on the inner workings of building a brand-new travel loyalty program from the ground up amidst the unique challenges of the past few years, and of course, fielding all of the audience’s burning Aeroplan questions too. 😉
The Travel Summit Toronto 2022 will take place on October 29–30, 2022, with a full schedule for the entire weekend.
Both days begin at 9am, featuring a keynote presentation, three time slots for breakout sessions, lunch, and a closing session.
All attendees will be able to attend the keynote presentations, closing sessions, and lunch. With 24 breakout sessions spread across six time slots, you can choose one out of four at any given time, with video recordings of all sessions available after the event.
There will be ample time in-between scheduled presentations for networking with your fellow guests, speakers, and sponsors. With frequent breaks and a long lunch, you’ll have many opportunities to reconnect with everyone throughout the weekend.
The event will end on Sunday, October 30 at 4pm. This early finish should give any out-of-town guests more flexibility with your departing travel arrangements at the conclusion of the weekend.
To view the full schedule and learn more about each session, visit The Travel Summit website.
Each breakout time slot features one topic in each of our four tracks, styled under the broad themes of The Points Beginner, The Frequent Flyer, The Bucket List Traveller, and The Future of Travel.
Absorb one track throughout the weekend, or mix-and-match – you can customize your weekend and attend any sessions that catch your interest.
Speakers have been assigned to each session, so you can now see who will be presenting each topic.
The Points Beginner
New to the art of travelling the world on points? Our introductory sessions will teach you everything you need to know to start flying high in no time.
- Intro to Travelling on Points for Canadians, by Josh Greenberg and Tara McAndrew
- Intro to Aeroplan: Canada’s Best Loyalty Program, by Anshul Singh and Jean-Maximilien Voisine
- US Credit Cards: Land of the Free (Travel), by Chris Dong and Ricky Zhang
- The Power of Transferable Rewards, by Josh Greenberg and Spencer Howard
- How to Earn Elite Status Without Flying, by Andrew d’Amours and Julia Menez
- All About Airport Lounge Access, by Andrew d’Amours
The Frequent Flyer
If you’re on the road often, learn about how to maximize the travel tools and loyalty programs at your fingertips to elevate your journeys.
- Airline Elite Status: How to Play the Game and Win, by T.J. Dunn
- Hotel Elite Status: How to Play the Game and Win, by Immanuel Debeer
- Optimizing Paid Fares, by Gilbert Ott
- Finding Award Availability: A Live Demonstration, by Ricky Zhang and Scott Kennedy
- How to Maximize Air Canada eUpgrades, by T.J. Dunn
- How to Maximize Air Canada Flight Passes, by Scott Kennedy
The Bucket List Traveller
Ever dreamed about seeing all of the world’s wonders or flying in every First Class cabin? We’ll show you how to make your bucket list a reality.
- The World’s Best First Class Airlines, by Albert Hsieh
- The World’s Best Aspirational Hotels, by Michelle Gonzalez
- Build Your Own Round-the-World Flights, by Greg Davis-Kean
- Family Travel on Points: See the World with Your Kids, by Amy Tung
- The Road to 193, by Stefan Krasowski
- The Art of Persuasion, by Jayce Loh
The Future of Travel
The travel landscape is transforming at a rapid pace. What does the future of travel look like, and what does it mean for travellers as we explore the world?
- The Logistics of Post-Pandemic Travel, by Barry Choi
- The Future of Aviation, by Tiezheng Bu
- Equity & Inclusivity in Travel, by Chris Dong and Victoria M. Walker
- How to Become a Travel Content Creator, by Carmen & Serge Sognonvi
- Unlocking Travel Freedom with Real Estate, by Ashley Antidormi & Spencer Giles
- Digital Nomadism & Location Independence, by Mike Howard
Saturday Night Evening Party
What’s more, The Travel Summit will feature a Saturday night evening reception at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, from 7:30pm until late.
Stay tuned for more details in the works on this one. Expect drinks to be served, tunes to be played, and a bit of Halloween ambiance.
(Don’t worry, there will be time after the conclusion of Saturday’s daytime sessions and before the evening party for you to grab dinner and get into costume. 😉)
Discounted Hotel Rates
For anyone coming from outside of Toronto, or GTA locals looking to make a downtown weekend out of The Travel Summit, we’ve secured discounted rates at several hotels near the venue.
We invite you to stay at the Hyatt Regency Toronto, just a few short blocks from the event venue, for our lowest rate of $229 (CAD) + taxes per night.
This rate is available for several nights before and after the event dates, should you wish to extend your time in Downtown Toronto. Be sure to book your hotel room before October 7 to secure this rate.
If the Hyatt isn’t your cup of tea, you can explore our other exclusive hotel deals at The Travel Summit website.
Attend The Travel Summit, Get One Free Month of Prince of Travel Membership!
To celebrate the new-and-improved benefits of Prince of Travel membership, we’re offering one free month of Prince of Travel Platinum membership to new attendees who buy a ticket to The Travel Summit before July 31!
As a brief recap, Platinum membership includes access to our discussion community on Discord, frequent group video calls featuring learning sessions and industry guests, Miles & Pints in-person gatherings, and discounts for other Prince of Travel events and products.
You’ll receive your unique coupon code shortly after purchasing your ticket for The Travel Summit. Then, sign up for your new membership with your coupon to receive a one-time US$25 discount on a new monthly or annual Platinum subscription. Further instructions will be provided when you receive your coupon.
Remember, if you follow one of the event speakers, you may reach out to them for a discount code on The Travel Summit tickets that also helps to support their work. If you use a discount code for your event ticket, you’ll still be eligible for this membership promotion.
If you’re new to the community, I encourage you to use your free trial to join us on Discord and connect with other members before the event, many of whom will be in attendance at The Travel Summit!
(Current or previous Prince of Travel members at the Platinum tier or above are not eligible for a month of free membership. Instead, current members can buy tickets to The Travel Summit through their member dashboard for an exclusive discount, and can also participate in an exclusive refer-a-friend promotion to earn free membership months of their own.)
Get Your Tickets Now
The final speaker lineup, schedule, agenda, and discounted hotel rates for The Travel Summit are now live, and now’s the time to lock in your plans for the weekend.
As a reminder, your ticket to The Travel Summit includes the following:
- Access to both days of keynote speeches, breakout sessions, discussion panels, and networking sessions
- Lunch on both days
- Video recordings of keynote and breakout sessions
- Saturday night evening party
- Special offers from leading travel brands
- More exciting event features to be announced.
General admission tickets are priced at $399 (CAD) per person. You can visit The Travel Summit website to purchase general admission tickets, or log in to your member dashboard to purchase discounted tickets as a Prince of Travel member.
Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions on The Travel Summit website for the event’s refund policy and other key details.
And if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out via the contact form on The Travel Summit website.
See you at The Travel Summit on October 29–30, 2022!